Swansea Massage Clinic

Swansea Massage Clinic
Evidence based Registered Massage Therapy

Sunday 8 January 2012

Chiang Mai Zoo & Aquarium

 
Beautiful elephant
 I decided to take a day to myself and go see some of the sites. I'm a huge animal lover so the zoo was an easy choice and I had a great time walking around and seeing, even feeding, all the animals. It's a beautiful and very large park setting. I was exhausted by the end of the day from all the trekking (lots of steep uphills) in the hot humid weather. I had a hard time containing my excitement when I saw the animals even though I was all by myself. I squealed and acted silly anyways! I love animals of all shapes and sizes. Unfortunately I didn't realize my camera battery was dead until I got there so all of these photos were taken on my iPhone. Better then nothing anyways! As soon as I entered the zoo and was trying to figure out my camera one of the locals wanted to get a picture with me. This happened a few times, apparently I'm just as exciting as the animal exhibits to them!
The students love me!

Feeding a zebra

Feeding a giraffe



Flamingos

Baby elephant being led
back into line by Mom

Baby and Mommy bunnies

Inside the bird sanctuary



My apologies btw for these photos not being aligned very well - its been frustrating me very much that I can't figure out how to do it! My first try at blogging and adding photos has been the hardest thing yet.

Chiang Mai Zoo also has a pretty impressive aquarium with one of those tunnel type tanks. I'd never seen anything like it and was in awe walking through it - it went on forever! It's probably the closest to diving you can get without getting in the water. Here are a few shots from inside:








No comments:

Post a Comment