Swansea Massage Clinic

Swansea Massage Clinic
Evidence based Registered Massage Therapy

Monday 6 February 2012

Old City Temple Tour

I managed to check out a couple of the main temples within the inner city while there was still daylight, but this is just a FRACTION of what is out there. I'm always amazed at the 1000 + year old stone ruins that are literally everywhere you look, pushed up against modern stores and mini-marts and practically ignored by the locals. You don't see this stuff in Canada! 

They are all somewhat similar in design but still beautiful nonetheless. Stands of lotus flowers, incense and many others gifts of prayer are on sale outside most and the locals are very dedicated in their worship. I'm always intimidated going in, afraid that I'm going to offend someone in some way. I always make sure I'm covered up (long sleeves and pants) and remove my shoes before entering. I also make sure to kneel when taking any images of the buddha's within the temples. But I'm still too shy to get a blessing from a Monk! 





















































































No comments:

Post a Comment